Stratis Smart Contracts¶
Smart contracts can now be deployed on the Stratis Full Node. Like the Full Node, Stratis smart contracts are written in C#. Smart contracts extend the functionality of a blockchain and allow it to map out complex financial interactions through the sending of funds and storage of data. However, as we shall see later in the document, the uses of smart contracts are not limited to financial interactions.
The audience for this document is anyone who wants to get started writing smart contracts on the Stratis Platform. Even if you have not written a smart contract before, this is a great place to start. This material provides some basic theory about smart contracts, briefly explores some use cases, and then helps you start creating your own smart contract. An interesting example of a smart contract, based on a real-world case, is supplied to kickstart your learning.
This document assumes that you are familiar with basic blockchain concepts. When it comes to writing smart contracts, a basic knowledge of C# is also assumed. However, if you are new to C# or even programming, we recommend you continue to explore Stratis smart contracts as part of your C# learning experience. More resources on the C# language are available here. A basic knowledge of Swagger and working with the command-line interface would also be useful.
The Stratis Smart Contract platform is currently in an open alpha stage. Things may not be stable and aspects of the development process are subject to change. Please do not use the alpha version of Stratis Smart Contracts for production applications.
- Basic Theory
- Uses of Smart Contracts
- Deploying Your First Smart Contract
- Downloading the smart contract source
- Installing the Visual Studio Project Template
- Creating a smart contracts project
- Validating your smart contract
- Running a smart contract enabled version of the Stratis full node
- Getting the funds to deploy smart contracts
- Deploying the auction smart contract
- Placing a bid on the auction smart contract
- Checking the bid has been stored on the test network
- The Auction Smart Contract
- Appendix - Future Enhancements to Stratis Smart Contracts
- Appendix - Gas Prices